Monday, October 27, 2014

Stop it


I mean, whatever.  Football is stupid and I hate sports.  Bring on basketball season.  Oh, what's that?  Phil Forte is in a walking boot?  Yes, I did see that on Friday night.  It made me super happy and excited.  I also had the same feelings when I saw the preseason college basketball poll. Stupid Kansas is just going to keep being great and stupid OU is ranked #15.  Good for them for hiring a sound coach who's likable.  That doesn't bother me, AT ALL.

Oh and I don't know if you guys have heard, but my fantasy football team is currently down 112 points.  Gonna need a real big night out of Dez Bryant.  Like, he's gonna need to throw the ball to himself and then run for 90 yards for a touchdown. I'm then going to need him to kick the ensuing extra point.  Then he's gonna need to take a quick Gatorade break, hop back out there on defense and sack whoever is quarterbacking for Washington these days seven or eight times, each time causing a fumble and picking that bad boy up and returning it for a touchdown. Don't forget about the extra points!  And if he could do that five or six times, I'm back in the game.

As my "friend" who is shamelessly beating me continued to rack up points, he started to text me.  Letting me know how great his team is and how pathetic mine is.  My only response was to tell him he had the wrong number.  Each time, I would reply, "I'm sorry.  I don't know who this is.  You have the wrong number."  It was my hope, that just for a second, he thought maybe he did have the wrong number.  I see your immaturity, and I raise you a denial.

Speaking of denial, let's get to the real meat and potatoes of this blog....OSU football.  Raise your hand if you are ready for the season to be over.  If your hand isn't raised, it's because you live in Mississippi or are a masochist.    I saw that Gundy said he understood the fans' frustration, but he's looking at the big picture. And by "big picture," I assume you mean 2015?  So we should all collectively quit together?  Super.  How about this....how about you apologize to the fans who show up and watch that bad product?  How about you donate the rest of this season's salary to a worthy cause?  Or maybe four different worthy causes for every game you are focused more on the big picture rather than getting our skulls bashed in in the present.  It doesn't even appear that anyone is trying.  Tyreek Hill may still be trying, but it's hard to know since he is hardly used.

I made the mistake of reading internet comments after the game.  Lots of people proudly shouting, "Win or lose, I still love the Cowboys!"  "Don't be a bandwagon fan, support them no matter what!"  Whatever, people.  What.  Ever.  The way I see it, watching this team is like watching my kid poop on the floor.  It's gross.  And I don't enjoy it.  Will I still love her if she poops on the floor?  Of  course I will.  Do I have to accept it?  No I do not.  It's my right as a fan, to expect men who are making hundreds of thousands of dollars to do their jobs better.  It doesn't make me a bad fan, it makes me someone with high expectations.

So Mike Yurcich....stop pooping on the floor.

1 comment: