Monday, October 20, 2014

All the feelings



Today's blog is inspired by the Tiny Human, who managed to show ALL of the feelings this weekend.  Every single one.  No stone unturned.  If she were an actress, and I'm not so sure she's not, this would have easily been considered her greatest performance to date.  Bravo!  A curtain call, indeed.

So let's go through the litany of feelings I've experienced since Saturday.

Happy.

Tiny Human often sings a song from daycare that goes something like this, "Hot dogs today!  Hot dogs today!  We are so happy, hot dogs today!"  And she genuinely seems really happy.  Clapping.  Talking about whatever food is on the menu.  I felt the same happy feels watching OU lose.  My heart felt full.  And you can tell me that type of behavior is petty. Well you can just call me Bryce, cause it felt good.  I especially liked how silent the crowd was.

All of the bad feelings.

I then knew I had approximately 20 minutes before I would no longer be happy.  OSU "played" TCU on Saturday afternoon.  I use quotes because while yes, technically, we were on the field, I don't really think the same amount of effort was being put forth from both teams.  Follow this graphic (that I made all by myself!) as a chart of how my mood changed throughout the game.

I don't claim to be an offensive coordinator.  I actually have no experience in it at all.  But two plays doesn't seem to be getting the job done.  This ain't Tecmo Bowl, son.  Let's get creative.  If you are getting paid per touchdown produced, you are literally stealing money.

For the most part, I feel frustrated with the state of OSU football.  I feel like we are reverting to our old selves.  Like someone who got gastric bypass 5 years ago...the weight is slowly coming back on.  Can't someone slap that doughnut out of our hands?

Happy Again.

The Sundevils won again.  You probably missed that news because they like to play football in the middle of the night.  And that makes me feel tired.  But mainly I was happy, because their handsome quarterback led them to victory against the smarty pants Stanford trees.  Hooray!  It's nice to have a winner to cheer for.

All of the good feels.

Watching Peyton Manning break the touchdown record on Sunday night got me right in the feels.  He's so great.  I tweeted about him being the best.  Hashtag: thebest.  And I lost a follower.  That made me feel confused. Who doesn't like Peyton Manning?  Terrorist.

Then I got sad feelings because they pulled him from the game.  And I have him on my fantasy team.  And I'm playing Husband this week.  And I need all of the points.  Dumb Brock Osweiler brings nothing to the table for me.  I booed.  That made Husband feel disappointed in me.  And frankly, I don't care.

The Opposite of Surprised.

I found out that two OSU players were arrested for falling asleep in their car while waiting in the Whataburger drive through.  Whatever the opposite of stunned/surprised is, that's what I felt.  First of all, drinking till your sleepy is the appropriate way to react to getting so badly whipped.  Second, the line at Whataburger is so long.  I'm guessing they ordered the delicious chicken fingers.  Those suckers take like 15 minutes.  Hashtag: notworthit.

Optimistic.

I feel hopeful that we will beat West Virginia this weekend.   I also feel hopeful that I will win the lottery and become besties for the resties with Kevin Durant.

No comments:

Post a Comment