Monday, December 30, 2013

P for Possibilities

Today's blog is brought to you by the letter P.  This is a list of things you need to know since I wrote last week, and I managed to make them all start with the letter P.  It's a gift.

Pigs on Twitter.  When you Google image search "P," this little guy comes up.  Apparently his name is Chris P Bacon Pig.  And he uses a wheelchair.  And he's so cute I actually "eeked" when I saw this picture.  I'm not about stealing stuff from the internets, so I wanted to identify Chris.  You can follow his adventures on twitter @ChrisPBaconPig

Progress.  Someone talked about OU going to the Sugar Bowl today and I didn't have the reaction of violence or nausea.  I'm really growing up in front of my eyes.  I'm making myself very proud...which also starts with "p."

Paying in cash.  I just returned from visiting the Valley of the Sun.  It was glorious.  Palm trees and 74 degrees.  My body actually physically rejected the Oklahoma weather when I returned.  Kathy thrives in sunshine, she catches colds in winter.  I miss you already, Arizona.  Anywho, while visiting the desert, I visited Heaven on Earth, or Nordstrom as others call it.  While perusing the shoe department, I watched a woman approximately 80+ years old try on a pair of shiny black loafers.  She asked how much they cost, and upon being told they were $295, she pulled out her wallet and paid the salesgirl in cash.  I've never seen someone buy shoes with cash.  Let alone a $300 pair of shoes.  She handed her money to the girl without ever moving from her seat.  It was like being at a restaurant...but with shoes.  It was glorious.  Scottsdale is a magical place.

Packers!  While waiting on our flight home yesterday, the gate next to us was heading to Milwaukee.  Brrrr.  The Packers vs. Bears game was on and I only became aware of it when the entire gate area erupted in cheers when the Packers scored with 34 seconds to go.  It was awesome.  Not because I'm a Packers fan, but because I love being in the midst of happy fans.  It's just the best thing ever.  I was instantly happy for them because they were so happy.  Strangers high fiving each other, two different people got up and ran around in excitement.  Then it was the defense's time to step up.  Everyone was on the edge of their seats, including me, because now I was fully vested in this game.  One lady yelled out, "Get him!"  It was silent and she instantly felt the need to explain herself, "I'm sorry.  I just love the Packers so much."  Of course she was from Wisconsin, so she had that ridiculous accent which made the whole statement even more endearing.  I thought about going and hugging her and telling her she didn't need to explain to me.  I understood.  And then it happened.  The Pack intercepted Jay Culter (big cry baby). Everyone cheered.  I threw my hands in the air, signalling "Victory!"  Husband looked at me like I was crazy. I smiled and concluded, "Sports are great.  There's just nothing better."

Pandora.  I listen to a certain sports radio station while at work.  I stream it through the computer and typically listen every day unless 1) OSU has just lost a disappointing game  2) OU has just won in an upset and/or big game or 3) It's a slow news days.  I'm going to go ahead and add to that list...4)  When the talent is on vacation.  The JV team is filling in while everyone is on holiday vacation, and well, it's not good. Not good at all. Remember with Zac Morris and the gang discovered the old radio station in the basement at Bayside?  And they revamped the old station?  Everyone had their topic to cover, and Slater seemed a natural fit for sports. But he was really, really bad at it.  Like really bad.  So they had to fire him, and no one knew how much it would damage their friendships with A.C.  That's very similar to what I was listening to earlier today, before I had to switch to Pandora.  Someone needs to tell Preppy he has to have that uncomfortable conversation.

Pokes.  You'll get my prediction and pre-game thoughts on Friday.

Peace out, homies.  (<-- yes, I'm aware that no one says this anymore.  Stop judging me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment