Monday, November 14, 2011

Tid bits

So many things to cover and only one little ol' blog to do it in, so let's not waste anymore time.

Penn State: Okay, I have a lot of opinions, as does everyone on this subject, so I'll save my sermon for another day.  I will, however, say this.  When you see a crime occuring, you should report it to the authorities.  That is what they are there for.  Being the upstanding citizen that I am, I have called the cops multiple times...all of these times happened to be when I lived in Arizona.  That's what I like to call "big city living."  One time, my dog tried to eat street drugs.  I managed to wrangle them out of his mouth, and then carried them home.  My thinking was, if they dog gets sick from eating crank, I want to have a sample for the vet.  Then I got very scared that 1.) I now had illegal drugs in my home which is against the law and 2.) If the junkie who lost them in the park saw me pick them up, he could have followed me home.  Oh boy, what's a Kathy to do?  I called the vet, then the non-emergency police number.  The police told me to just get rid of them.  So I waited until it was dark and made Husband throw them in the dumpster.  Another time, I witnessed a young man break down the door of the condo next to our's.  Kathy called the cops, cops showed up, and determined the young man was hammered and couldn't find his keys, so he broke down his door.  They determined this after they aroused him from his passed out state in the threshold of his home.  Sometimes, I really miss Arizona.  People out there really know how to live.  The point of all of this is that it is your duty as an adult to report crime.  Shame on those of you who don't.  You can't just expect someone else to do the right thing.  You have to.  Silence is a crime, too.

Matt Leinart.  The following conversation happened tonight, and I thought it was very annoying.
Husband: So Schaub is out for the season
Kathy: I know, I saw that.  But I believe in the power of a pretty quarterback.
Husband: Lots of haters on Leinart.
Kathy: I think he's a good QB.  He has the talent..... Do they have to flip the line around?
Husband: *snicker*
Kathy: Why are you scoffing?  That's not a stupid question.
Husband: No.  I guess it's not.  But no, they wouldn't flip the line around.  I'm more surprised you knew he was left handed.
Kathy: Everyone knows he's left handed.  Who doesn't know he's left handed?
Husband: I'd guess less than 2% of women know that.
Kathy: But we're talking about me.
Husband: Do you want credit or not for me being impressed?
Kathy: I want credit when I know something amazing, not when I know something obvious.  I also want to know how the guy who isn't used to protecting the blindside is going to adjust.
Husband: I can't win.
Kathy: No, you can't.

On a side note, I really do believe in beautiful quarterbacks.  They are good for America.

And finally, there seems to be a mystery brewing at our house.  Last week I found a receipt from Tatermash in Tulsa on our bedroom floor.  What is Tatermash?  Who went there?  Why is their receipt on my floor?  Husband I have not been to Tulsa since September, and as far as we remember, we did not go to Tatermash.  Then, yesterday, I was sorting through a stack of bills and stuff that needed to be thrown away and came across a movie ticket stub to the movie Prom Night.  I haven't seen Prom Night, and neither has Husband.  What is going on?  Do we have a ghost?  A ghost who likes potatoes and bad movies?  Is Mr. Bojangles sneaking out at night on late night food runs?  Is our little boy growing up and going on dog dates behind our back?  I'm so confused.

1 comment:

  1. Tatermash a little store here that makes oil cloth bags, super cute stuff! I have a bag from there, and it's my favorite (nothing to do with potatoes)!
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete