Thursday, November 24, 2011

Meh...doesn't matter to me

Happy Thanksgiving, people!  Thanks for stopping by and reading this blog.  I'm thankful for that.

I've discovered that the new thing, the hip thing, the in-crowd thing to do, is to post on Facebook or Twitter what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Sure I have plenty to be thankful about, but I don't like to be like everyone else.  I like to stand out.  I'm a maverick.  A Thanksgiving maverick.  A rogue turkey, if you will. 

If you have ever read this blog before, you know that I'm super opinionated.  I spend a lot of time writing/talking about things I love (Oklahoma State, shoes, college basketball, burritos, etc) and things I hate (passive aggressive people, birds, possums, coconut, liars, etc).  So in honor of all the pilgrims, Native Americans, and the Mayflower, I'd like to write about all the things I'm indifferent towards.  Enjoy.   Or don't.  Doesn't make much difference to me, I'm indifferent.

Raisins.  *Shrug* Don't hate 'em.  Don't love 'em.  I think oatmeal raisin cookies are an attempt to trick people.  Everyone knows that the preferred cookie is chocolate chip.  I like raisins when they are fresh and plump, you know, when they are still grapes.  And I like wine, which is made from grapes, so I guess that's a correlation.  But in general, I could take them or leave them.

The color yellow.  Whatever.  Doesn't affect Kathy's mood one way or another.  I own two yellow shirts, but I never seem to be tan enough to wear them.  I'm not sure what skin tone can pull off yellow, but it's not, "you kind of look ill due to the paleness of your skin" that I'm rocking.  I think yellow cars are obnoxious, but yellow accessories are cute.  Maybe it's because I have reached maximum capacity in the citrus colors category due to my allegiance to orange.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.  Mellow yellow indeed.

Hockey.  Hockey games are fun to attend.  However, I didn't know this until my 22nd year on Earth.  Oklahoma isn't really puck country.  I enjoy going to hockey games and being around hockey fans, but I would never seek out to watch a hockey game on television.  I don't really have a team either.  I adopted the Red Wings when I lived in Michigan because they were good and everyone else loved them.  Not a hard decision to make; I wanted to fit in.  Then I moved to Arizona, and they have a hockey team, or so they say.  But it's the desert where the average temperature is 173 degrees.  It's silly to have a hockey team on the surface of the sun, I can't get behind that.  I am not indifferent to Sidney Crosby, though.  Two thumbs up, buddy. 

And Pit Bull.  The singer/rapper/Daddy Warbucks look-a-like, not the dog breed.  I have no strong feelings toward him one way or another.  I couldn't tell you the name of one song he sings, but I know he seems to be on my television trying to get me to drink Dr. Pepper a lot.  He speaks a lot of Spanish, which is cool, but I only understand every fifth word.  Maybe if I ever go to a club again, I'll dance to a Pit Bull song.  Or maybe I won't.  I really can't say.  He elicits zero reaction from me.  He's like the Tavaris Jackson of hip hop.  His existence affects me none.

I could keep going, but I've bored myself.  Please add to the list: this blog entry.  Not great.  Not terrible.

1 comment:

  1. 1) marshmallows. Even made my own, and still just meh. 2) running. You'd think I'd like it a little given my extreme experiences with it, but, no. Meh. 3) Arrested Development. Yes, I do get the humor. But...meh. ~ Em H

    ReplyDelete