Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend Conversations

Ever wonder how conversations go down in my world?  I'm happy to oblige you with a couple of gems from this weekend.  I'll be recapping my gameday experience tomorrow.  But until then, here is a little randomness to whet your appetite.


When: Sunday
Where: El Vaquero with Mother and Husband
Subject: One of my mom's clients who has great hearing

Kathy: I can hear through walls.  It freaks people out.
Mother: You would make a great spy.
Husband: *snicker*
Kathy: I don't know if I'd be a good spy.  I would have a very hard time keeping the top secret information to myself.  I like to share interesting stories.
Husband: That's what I was thinking.  You would have to tell somebody.
Kathy: That's why I blog, so I can share my interesting stories.  I wonder if they let spies blog...


When: Monday afternoon
Where: Guest bedroom, with Mr. Bojangles barking and jumping on the bed making it impossible to put the sheets on correctly.
Subject: How the dog is not helpful.

Kathy: If there was a competition for helpful dogs, you wouldn't even get Honorable Mention.
Mr. Bojangles: Bark, bark, bark, growl.
Kathy: Come on Mr. B, let's go get a treat.
**Dog runs out the door, and I shut it behind him.  Successfully tricking him.**
Kathy: He's eventually not going to fall for that anymore
Husband: Nah.  He's pretty dumb.
Kathy: Well, that's just rude.


When: Monday evening
Where: Living room
Subject: University of Maryland's new football uniforms

Husband: Look at those!  They are wild.  I don't understand.
Kathy: It's their flag.
Husband: What flag?
Kathy: The state flag of Maryland.
Husband: How do you know that?
Kathy: How do you not know that?
Husband: Why do you know what the state flag of Maryland looks like?
Kathy: Why don't you?
Husband: Why would I know what other state flags look like?
Kathy: I'm not sure why you are reacting this way.  And I can't believe you don't know your state flags.

4 comments:

  1. The state flag one kills me!! I thought everyone knew what all of the state flags looked like....and he calls himself a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it obvious that is the emblem of Lord Baltimore? Geez husband, I hope you don't teach U.S. history! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does one need to know what random state flags look like? If its a state I have lived in, or its a neighbor state then sure...but Maryland? Not necessary.

    ReplyDelete