Friday, September 16, 2011

Conclusions Drawn

I thought when I searched for an image about "drawing conclusions" I'd get a clever play on words, like a pencil drawing the word "conclusion." Instead, I found this.  You know what I learned from this graphic?  That bears can run 40 miles per hour.  Conclusion drawn: Kathy doesn't know all there is to know about bears.

I'm going to share some things with you all this afternoon about observations I've made and the conclusions I have drawn from those observations.  I wish I would have thought of diagramming these conclusions, but alas I did not.

Yesterday on the Today Show, Dr. Oz tried to tell me that apple juice contains poison.  Matt Lauer raised some serious flaws in his theory, yet he held firm.  Conclusions drawn: Dr. Oz is annoying and his face seems to be pulled too tight.  Everyone loves apple juice, why are you ruining it for us?  I will drink apple juice in spite of him.

I went home for lunch the other day and came across an article on Yahoo! that challenged people to live without their credit card and cell phone for a day. "That wouldn't be that hard," I thought.  Then I went back to work and realized I left my phone at home.  Conclusion drawn: I seem to be susceptible to subliminal advertising.  Reminded me of that Saved by the Bell episode when Zack Morris put the subliminal message in the song to convince Kelly to be his Valentine.  Oh Preppy, you were such a rascal.

I check my blog stats pretty regularly.  It feeds my ego.  Deal with it.  Here is what is very odd, back in July I wrote a blog about posters on my wall.  I included a little segment about Kriss Kross.  Well that blog continues to get hits...every day...in the U.K. I can see what phrase people are searching, and that phrase on google.uk is "kriss kross."  Conclusion drawn: Kriss Kross is making a comeback oversees and I may be the only person in the States aware of it.  Until now.  Spread the word.

The other night I got sucked into watching America's Next Top Model All-Star Shoot Out.  Okay, I don't actually know the official name, but it was something like that.  Conclusion drawn: Everyone on that show is an idiot.  Jay Manuel was dressed identical to Fred from Scooby Doo, ascot and all.  Even though this show has been on for 45 years and has yet to produce a "Top Model," they all seem to think this will be their big break.  And Tyra Banks is the most annoying person on the planet.   Do you know she wrote a children's book about a little girl who was so pretty she had special powers and could smile with her eyes?  She did.  You should hate her like I do.  And the final conclusion drawn from this is that I'm the biggest idiot of them all for letting Tyra Banks steal 60 minutes of my life and little piece of my soul.

I just proof read this blog.  Conclusion drawn: I am incredibly skilled at finding a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and making it into "something."  Something good?  Yet to be determined.  But definitely something.

Happy Friday!  Go Pokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment