Monday, September 12, 2011

Football, fall and Falkor


Hey friends.  I feel like we haven't talked in so long.  How are you?  How are the kids?  Good, good.  I'm glad to hear it.

I'll be completely honest, I'm not sure I have anything that interesting to tell you.  But can we all agree that this picture I found is fantastic?  I think we can.  What I want to know, is when was it taken?  Are these tears of joy, or tears of defeat?  I'm almost positive the big Buckeye in the middle looks pretty sad.  If not, he has A LOT of emotion tied up with the Ohio State.  Bless your fat red face for letting me discover this photo on the interweb.

Football season is upon us, and so far, so good.  My Cowboys and Sundevils are both 2-0.  Both beat "good" teams this past week.  Both are touting QBs who make people scratch their heads.  Bravo!  As far as fantasy football, I can report with week 1 almost in the books, I went 3-1.  Unfortunately, the league I lost in, is the one with all guys.  In my defense, the punk I'm playing against has a super freakish team that outscored everyone in the entire league.  How fantastic for him.  More importantly, I beat Husband...badly,  in the family league.  Nice work, Kathy.  Keep him in his place.

In most places on the planet, football season also indicates the arrival of fall.  And what do you know, last week in Oklahoma felt like fall.  Today?  Not so much, but last week was heavenly.  There was actually a nip in the air.  It was glorious.  I ran outside, arms outstretched, and yelled, "I see what you are doing Mother Nature and I approve!"  And then I just hugged the air.  A little love from me to the universe.  Okay, I didn't do any of those things.  But wouldn't it be fun if I did?  If my life is ever made into a movie (fingers crossed) I'd like that occurrence to be portrayed that way.  In general, I'd like to be portrayed just a little bit more dramatic and over-the-top than I actually am.  Who wouldn't love that character?  


And in an unrelated story, my dog got a haircut.  Usually, this isn't news, but our groomer really seems to be obsessed with The Neverending Story.  Because every time Mr. Bojangles comes home from the groomer, he looks like Falkor.  Take a look.  There is quite a resemblance.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some NES.  It was my favorite childhood movie.  Loved Bastian and how he didn't let getting thrown in the dumpster ruin his outlook on life.  Loved Atreyu and his fashion sense, not just anyone can pull of a suede vest with nothing underneath.  You go, boy.  And then there was the Childlike Empress.  How pretty was she?  Seriously, I was kind of obsessed with her and how pretty she was.  Her and Kelly Kapowski.  And Jamie Powell on Charles in Charge.  I thought those three girls were the prettiest in all the land.  Where the hell am I going with this paragraph?  Oh right, I have a dog who looks like a luckdragon from Fantasia.  What's the nicest way for me to tell the groomer to knock it off?  Maybe I'll take in the picture and say, "See the similarity?  I'm not a fan.  I just want him to look like a dog."  Let's be real here, I've got enough things to worry about without having to check over my shoulder for The Nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soo not a sports fan ... which makes me question sometimes why I follow your blogs ;) But I am a self-proclaimed sci-fi movie geek, and I LOVED your Neverending Story segment - even if you're not a fan of Mr. Bojangles looking like Falkor. It's just fur. It'll grow back :D

    ReplyDelete