Monday, August 22, 2011

What my television taught me

Pretty low key weekend for Kathy and Husband.  We took advantage of not having too much going on, for once, and just kind of fatted around and watched a lot of television.  I think our lifestyle this weekend is what Michelle Obama is strongly against.  Sorry Shell...I'll "move" next weekend.

In all my couch sitting/TV watching, I made some observations.  After all, that is what I do best.

Observation #1: The state of Louisiana is confusing.  A true paradox.  First, there's the Louisiana I see in True Blood.  Sexy Louisiana.  Everyone is attractive...even the dead people.  Good guys?  Bad guys?  They are all pretty.  Well, with the exception of Marnie.  And for the record, I'm about done with her.  That witch be gettin' on my nerves.  Seriously, True Blood, makes me want to road trip to the Bayou State and find Jason Stackhouse.  And Alexander Skarsgard.  And Sookie, because she's a fairy.  A fairy and a barmaid, that's fun.

And then there's Billy the Exterminator.  Not so sexy.  Super disturbing.  What is going on with the wildlife in that state?  You have animals there that I've never heard of, such as nutria.  What is that?  It's like a beaver rat.   Not the most ideal combo.  Honest to God, the things that are invading people's home on this show are very upsetting to Kathy.  You guys should really think about moving.  And then there is Billy himself.  Where to start with this fool?  His hair.  His clothing.  He is a mess.

So which is it Louisiana?  Sexy or scary?  Beautiful vampires or serious rodent and bug infestation? I'm gonna need an answer on this.  And I prefer that answer to be given in Cajun.

Observation #2: Women in prison are scary.  Yes, I know this is far from profound.  But I just want to say that I watched multiple episodes of Beyond Scared Straight, and those women aren't kidding around.  Oh, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I love A&E.  Quality programming, I tell you.  The first episode I watched was about young ladies who were visiting a women's prison in an effort to show them that if they keep up their shenanigans they will find themselves in a similar location in the not too distant future.  Ummmm, it worked on me.  I promise not to be involved in any gang-related activity.  Consider your program a success. Kathy is walking the straight and narrow.  I'm pretty sure it was the "lady" who had a beard tattooed on her face.  Yep, that'll do it.  I'll go ahead and state that any face tattoos frighten me.  You have sufficiently proven your street cred to me if you have a tattoo located on your face or neck. You are by far, badder than me.

Observation #3: Watching reporters trapped inside Libyan hotels makes me extremely nervous.  When I saw a tweet regarding the Libyan revolution, I quickly switched off my pointless show and headed on over to the Worldwide Leader in News, CNN.  In typical Cable News Network style, there wasn't a ton to report, so they just kind of talked about theories, ideas, and opinions.  You know, hard-hitting news.  At one point, the anchor was talking to Matthew who was in Tripoli in an international hotel.  Matthew had a crazy Blair Witch-like camera angle going on, wandering around the halls of the hotel.  And let me tell you, Matthew looked nervous...and that made me nervous.  I'm going to throw a crazy idea against the wall, and let's just see if it sticks.  How about, let's not put journalists' lives in danger, just to get a meaningless interview, for them to tell all of us back in America that there are, "No new developments to report, Julie."  Maybe Matthew could just write a blog...seems safer to me.

And on an unrelated note, for those of you keeping score at home, I was called Kathy three times last week and once today.  I was also called Peggy on the phone today.  That was a first.  Maybe Peggy needs a blog too.  She and Matthew can team up together, there's real promise there.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, Louisiana is much more like Billy the Exterminator than True Blood.

    ReplyDelete