Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I "like" you

I was inspired by a friend's comment today in which he referred to himself as a "like whore."  Me too.  I love "likes."  I love lamp.

On rotten days, I like to make a list of things that make me happy.  It's not an original idea, I'm pretty sure that Oprah came up with it years ago.  But does Oprah have a snappy little blog?  I don't think she does.  Actually, I cannot confirm that, disregard all comments concerning Oprah.  I don't have the money to fight her in court.

So on this rotten Wednesday, I'm choosing to focus on these things that I like.
  1. Artsy, fartsy people.  Last night I volunteered at OETA for the annual pledge drive.  My volunteering was orchestrated by the Oklahoma Humanities Council, so most of the volunteers had some connection to the OHC.  My connection was that I work at a museum, opened an email, and thought, "that sounds interesting."  In the biz, they call that a "very loose connection."  As I sat in the midst of all these pro-humanities people during our pre-game meal, I thought, "I should be around more people like this.  I love these people."  The key to fitting in with them is to use some artsy jargon, make an obscure reference/joke, and have a little bit of dishevelment about your appearance.  So now, the key is figuring out where the artsy fartsies are.  They are NOT at sporting events, which throws a wrench into my plans.  I either have to find them in three weeks, make them fall in love with me and become best friends, or I may have to postpone this quest until football, basketball and college baseball seasons conclude.  
  2. Funny textersations.  There are two people in my life that I have hilarious textersations with.  One friend, we'll call her Beauty, may be the wittiest person I know.  Funny stuff between she and I.  It gets so intense that Husband once asked me, "Should I be worried that you and Beauty are having an emotional affair?"  I laughed and laughed, and then texted his comment to her.  My brother once said that his best material is wasted on Facebook.  I think my best material may be wasted in text.  
  3. Opinion games.  I recently read a book where a girl went on a date and she played the "Love it or Hate it" game.  Premise of the game is someone names a topic, and you have to decide if you love it or hate it.  No in betweens.  I would be EXCELLENT at this game.  I have an opinion on everything.  Easy, peasy, Japanesey.  Tom Cruise?  Hate it.  Doritos? Love it. Wind? Hate it.  Tornados? Love it.  Possums?  Hate it.  Salt? Love it.  Winning?  Love it.  Losing? Hate it.  See how fun this is? I could go on for hours.  If there was a "Love it or Hate it" tournament, I would win.  I would win a trophy.  Trophies?  Love it.
  4. Homemade Sangria.  We had some friends over last Saturday and Husband I worked our magic in the kitchen.  I made sangria, and let me just tell you it was unbelievable.  If it was socially acceptable to drink sangria every day, I would do it.  I'd take it in a thermos everywhere I went.  Life changing.  Like wart hog, but in a good way.   Jerry Jeff Walker clearly knew what he was talking about.  So on this 10th day of August, 2011 in the year of our Lord, I declare, from this moment forward, when asked, "What would you like to drink?" Kathy's answer shall be, "Whoa oh oh whoa, I love sangria wine."
The End.

2 comments:

  1. I was initally going to comment that I "like" your blog post today, but after second thought... "love it"!

    ReplyDelete