Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Revolution!

None of the things in this blog have anything to do with another.  I just wanted you to know, before you start reading and ask, "Where is she going with this?"  Nowhere.  That's where.

Last night I fell asleep with the television on.  When I woke up, Paul Mitchell was trying to sell me tequila.  I was very confused.  Is that really in his wheelhouse?  Seems like kind of a stretch.  Are you supposed to use the tequila on your hair?  If so, will you hair then make bad decisions?  That might be fun.  Is Paul Mitchell's tequila only carried in high end liquor stores, like his hair products?  I need to know more.

A couple of years ago I wrote a blog about being a super hero.  It was more or less deciding what my super power would be.  I was having a hard time choosing between my keen sense of smell or my supersonic hearing.  I made the decision yesterday, that my hearing is my by far my super power.  My brother refers to it as my "bat ears."  Frankly, that's a little harsh.  You do realize that I can't help it.  Yesterday, as I sat in a closed-door meeting, I heard my boss's cell phone ring through the wall.  He asked me twice how I heard it.  All I could say was, "I have really great hearing."  But what I should have said is, "I can hear your thoughts.  That's what you are dealing with."

And finally, this weekend, I was flipping  through the latest issue of The New Yorker, (I like to look at all the cartoons first, and then go back and read the articles), I noticed there was a long feature piece on the Egyptian revolution.  The article features all the different factors of the revolution, all the different people who came together to make it happen.  All of those who pushed change through.  The revolutionaries, if you will.  I then announced to Husband that if I could choose a way to die, I would like to die in a revolution, fighting for what is right.  Fighting for the people.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  His response, "I want to die in my sleep."  So...it appears we don't exactly view things the same.  I should have known that already, since I can hear his thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment