Friday, August 5, 2011

It could be worse

How funny is this picture?  I tell you what, Google Image searching really is such an adventure. 

This was a rough week for Kathy.  Not as bad as  Cowboy Barbie, pictured above, but it was a struggle. I've decided to really switch things up a bit, though.  Instead of complaining, which I appear to have mastered, I'm searching for the silver lining of this stormy cloud.

First, after a ridiculous work week, I received this in the mail.  I really, really like that I get to research football as part of my job.  It makes Kathy's heart swoon.  We are only 4 Saturdays away from kickoff, people.  Hooray!  So today, I can sit and analyze stats about the Mountain West.  And I think just for fun, I'll take a look at the College Football Encyclopedia this afternoon too. And then I'm going to come up with some clever names for my Fantasy Football teams.  Okay, maybe I'll wait on that last one.  Since, I'm almost positive that I can't justify that as "work."  No need to push my luck.

Second, I'm pretty sure I got confirmation that my shopping habits are totally justified this morning.  I was giving myself a pep talk, out loud for the dog and husband to hear.  I do this from time to time.  Just shower myself with a few compliments to get the day going.  Don't worry, it's never anything shallow.  Always on the up and up.  The following conversation occurred:
Kathy (to herself): I may not be the thinnest girl, but I sure do put myself together well. (Then I looked at Husband for confirmation).
Husband: You always look cute.  That's true.
Kathy: That's correct.  That's why it's extremely important to shop on a regular basis, so your appearance never gets stale. 
Husband: *silence*

The most obvious way to interpret his silence is that there is no arguing with my logic.  I win!

And then there is OSU football.  I have to preface this with saying that, I made a pledge to myself that when I started this job, I would cool my jets on the obnoxious level when it comes to the Cowboys.  Let's just all agree, that Kathy has a pretty hard time with this agenda item.  She bleeds orange.  I know, I cut her once just to check.  But I now work for an organization that promotes ALL Oklahoma athletes, not just my superior Cowboys.  So no more message board posts from me, no more scathing emails to journalists I don't agree with.  It's time to be an adult.  No more publicly talking bad or criticizing other teams.  Only praise for my team.  Do you know how hard being a mature fan is?  Almost impossible.  Especially if you are listening to sports radio.  But I will not fall into the trap.  I will not hear others' hate.  What I will do is focus on this, my Cowboys are going to be GREAT this year.  Did you hear me?  Great.  We are ranked in the top 10, #8 to be exact.  We have fancy new duds.  And it seems that everyone who isn't a Cowboy fan hates us and hates all the attention we are getting.  Do you know what this means?  We are the new girl.  You know, the new girl who comes to your high school, who is REALLY pretty.  So all the senior boys love her, and all the girls hate her?  Yep, we are her, and we're about to turn this school upside down.  Move over head cheerleader, you are about to get knocked off your throne as the most popular girl in school.

1 comment:

  1. The best part of that picture is the implied back story. Barbi went to a country bar, drank too many Coors Ultralights (which based on her weight is probably a shot glass of warm beer), and then probably had a great time screaming out Shania Twain lyrics as she two-stepped with Ken.

    But as with all things in life, you have to pay for your fun. Too bad that bitch Skipper isn't there to hold back Barbi's hair ... that's what real friends are for.

    ReplyDelete