Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm not familiar with your work

I've learned a lot in the last 48 hours.  Seriously.  It's like I'm back in school.  What am I going to school for, you ask?  My PhD...player hatin' degree, of course.

The first thing I learned was that if you google image search the phrase, "I didn't know that" this image appears.  Yes, an image of David Bowie.  I don't understand, but I'm okay with that.  Sometimes you don't have to understand, you just have to accept.  Kathy accepts you David.

Second, as I online voted for the ESPY's (pick Broderick Brown's tip drill please) I realized there is a boat load of "sports" I don't know a thing about.  For example, I couldn't pick a best bowler, best fighter, or best driver.  I do not know anything about these sports.  And frankly, boxing is the only real sport in the bunch.  I know Manny Pacquiao's name, but I voted for Sergio Martinez instead.  He was wearing a crown.  I liked his style.  And I refused to vote for a NASCAR driver of the year.  I don't believe in NASCAR.  I don't have a problem with their fans, I just don't understand them.  To me, NASCAR does not exist.  The only guy I would have voted for was the guy who beat the crap out of Kyle Busch because that is awesome.  But alas, Richard Childress was not on the ballot.    Makes me kind of feel bad, not having a total grasp on the current sports world.  But seriously, who has the time?  If you watch Around the Horn, only one guy actually knows anything about hockey, the rest just use buzz words and jargon.  I can do that.  They should interview me.  I am so much more likable thank Kevn Blackistone anyway.  Moral of this paragraph: go vote for the ESPY's and vote for Broderick Brown.  If you need any further advising, I'm happy to help.  But my knowledge is limited to sports that matter.

My final piece of new information is concerning the state of North Dakota.  In the last two days I have discovered a show on the History Channel called, "How the States Got Their Shapes."  The title is a little misleading, it actually just teaches you about states.  Yesterday I learned that North Dakota has one of the lowest, if not the lowest unemployment rates.  People are actually moving there for jobs.  To North Dakota.  Where the average temperature in the winter is negative three.  Negative three.  That is below zero.  That is frozen lungs cold.  AND your money goes farther in North Dakota than other states.  I mean, who knew this?  Should I contemplate moving to the frozen tundra?  If I do, will they expect me to accept NASCAR?  I won't do it.  Will I have to cheer for the Fighting Sioux?  Oh geez.  This is intense.  I wonder if there are many jobs available for snarky girls who love sports and purses, talk about their dogs like they are people, and are currently obsessed with Investigation Discovery (great channel, check it out).  Are there people like me in the Dakotas?  I just don't know that I could do it.  It's so cold.  And when I lived in Michigan, all I did was complain about how cold it was.  Seriously, ask anyone I knew there.  I complained, a lot.  I acquired 12 coats in the 18 months I lived there too.  Some might say, I'm a bit excessive.  And by some, I mean everyone who knows me.  I'm going to have to think about this....

2 comments:

  1. The most important question is whether or not North Dakota has enough Mounties to keep the streets safe. What is the crime like in North Dakota? It must be safe enough for Mr. B to walk the streets and mark his territory

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Kevin and Mr. B cannot move that far away from me! I think OK suits you unless you want to consider DFW?! :)

    AMY H

    ReplyDelete