Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Letters: Goodbye Facebook Falcor


Dear Facebook Falcor,

So, I "liked" you years ago on a whim.  It seemed right.  I love your work.  But just recently you started popping up on my newsfeed, and I have to say, I don't really understand.  You're a little vulgar and inappropriate.  I think you might have been hacked by a 20-something male who likes to post crude jokes and pictures of scantily clad women.  And it's not that I'm easily offended or anything, but this isn't the type of thing I expected from the Luck Dragon.  I kind of expected you to say things like, "Having a luck dragon with you is the only way to go on a quest," not, "Is there anything worse than college chicks?"  I mean...Bastian would be devastated by this behavior.  So I have to "unlike" you.  Because I fear The Nothing has taken over.

For the love of Fantasia,

Kathy

Dear Tiny Human,

I get it. You are a toddler, which in turn makes you volatile and crazy.  Your mood can change in an instant.  Reminds me of days in the sorority house (just kidding, love you all, Pi Phi till I die).  But maybe, just maybe, you can take the attitude down a few notches.  For example, when I get home from a long day, and try to greet you sweetly, maybe you don't have to hold your hand up to my face and yell, "No ma'am!  Walk away!"  It's rude.  You're living rent-free and pretty high on the hog, so let's all agree to scream a little less and smile a little more.  Good?  Good.  I also like it when you sing pop music and say things like, "Shake it, girl."  That's fun.

Love, 

Mommy

Dear UFC,

You've officially piqued my interest.  Color me intrigued with your press conference fight.  I'll go on record by saying that I know nothing about UFC/MMA/etc.  Nothing.  Years ago, I watched a True Life on MTV about a guy who did muay thai.  And I don't even think that is the same thing.  What I do know is that there are some Oklahoma State guys who fight, so by proxy, I'm a fan right?  I mean, I'm as homerific as they come.  If a Cowboy is competing, I'm cheering.  I even tried to pass off knowledge of the Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight yesterday while talking to Husband.   I even impressed myself.  I likened today's ultimate fighting to the glory days of the WWF.  Except these guys are really competing (don't tell my brother I said that, he'd be horrified).  So, maybe I'll start following along.  As long as I can watch the fights for free and the OSU guy wins, I'm totally in.

Takedown for two,

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment