Wednesday, August 13, 2014

You Forgot to Mention Your Baby


You guys, football season is just a sniff away.  You know how I know that?  Because I had a dream last night that it was game day for the Oklahoma State vs. Florida State game and I couldn't figure out the best facebook status to post.  I'm not kidding, that was really my dream.  That's maybe the most pathetic thing I've ever written.  Hashtag get a life.

I also realized that I might have football on the brain when I was asked to "tell the group a little bit about yourself," the other night at a meeting.  Don't worry it wasn't the anonymous kind.  I said my name, where I work, and that "I'm loyal to OSU to a fault."  And then I put the guns up.  And that's it.  I didn't mention that I am married.  Or have a kid.  Or any hobbies.  Just OSU.  That is all I exist of.  Work and OSU...and salty snacks.

I'll put together my wish list/hopes and dreams for the season blog in a few weeks.  I'm still sorting out my expectations for this year.  But I can give you a teaser...I don't anticipate good things.  But, I've got two full weeks to get my head straight.  To build up that silly optimism.  I'll get there...just give me some time.  Stop pressuring me.  I feel smothered.  I need a break.

In the meantime, I'd like to tell you something I'm already over.  Sure, I think the preseason polls are annoying.  And I'm not sure how many years in a row we are all expected to believe Texas "is back."  But that's not my beef (see what I did there?  Made a subtle cow/longhorn joke.  I'll be here all week).

The thing that no longer amuses me is "dancing Gundy."  I saw links to him doing a birthday dance or something to that nature earlier.  I guess he "broke it down"...again. I don't know.  Maybe I'm just no fun  (who are we kidding?  I'm a blast), but I don't really get the appeal.

Now if he were to pull any of these moves, I'd change my tune.  I love the way the second guy dances so much, I could watch this video 422 times.

Jimmy Fallon 80s Dance Avenue

OR if he learned to freestyle rap.  Just spit mad flow.  Or if he could do magic?  I'm in.  I love magic.  I especially love magic if I've had a couple of cocktails.  I learned that about myself when I was in a bar in Arizona and a magician just floated up to our table.  I loved him as much as the second dancer in that video.  I wanted to be his best friend.

So, the key take aways from this are that I would prefer Gundy to do magic, a rap battle or a jive turkey dance.  Also to be noted, middle-aged twerking/Russian dancing does nothing for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment