Friday, March 21, 2014

Crimson Bison Learn to Fly



Okay, so Thursday was filled with excitement, huh?  I loved yesterday so much, I fell asleep watching basketball.  This may come as a surprise to some of you, but I don't actually watch TruTV or TNT outside of sports programming.  So color me surprised when I woke up with a jolt at 2am to some horrible show called, Jokesters.  Not really sure what the premise was, but some guy was maniacally laughing.  On the scale of awesomeness...it was not awesome.

Here's my quick recap of the day's events.

Wrestling.  I actually spent a good portion of yesterday dedicated to NCAA Wrestling.  Here is basically all you need to know: there is one common enemy in wrestling right now, and they are Penn State.  They are like the Yankees (with Jeter), the Lakers (with Kobe), and the Bears (with Cutler).  Okay, that last one doesn't work, but you get my drift.  Your job, as an American, is to cheer against Penn State.  The Evil Empire must be defeated.  Also, hope and pray that OSU's heavyweight can win in the quarterfinals.  And that's all you need to know.

Ohio State vs. Dayton.  Fly little prop plane, fly!  I didn't see this coming.  I picked stupid Ohio State to go to the Elite Eight in ALL five of my brackets.  Will I never learn?  The only thing you can count on Ohio State for is a sousaphone player with a lot of flare.

Harvard vs. Cincy.  Okay, there were plenty of people calling for this upset when the brackets were released.  I scoffed.  For I knew better.  Turns out, I don't know anything.  Smarty pants > bearcats.

NDSU vs. OU. I made a Sooner friend upset when I pointed out that one of the THREE open shots they took at the end of regulation should have gone in.  You know, because they should have.  I should know. I've watched my team miss shots all season that should have won games.  I feel like that whole Sooner Magic thing is real, and I was shocked when the shots didn't fall.

I can say this with honesty...I'm relieved the Sooners are out.  I had a deep, deep fear they were going to make a run and go much further in the tournament than the Cowboys.  And frankly, it was just more than I could handle.  I just can't.  I get it, they have genuinely beat our tails this year in everything.  And I'm exhausted from it.  I made the rational statement to Husband when the brackets were released, "If we end up meeting in the Sweet Sixteen and lose to them for the third time, I will never watch basketball again.  It will not be allowed to be shown in this house for the rest of eternity."  So let's all rejoice!  Kathy doesn't have to give up basketball.  Let's also take a moment to reflect on the fact that I might be overreacting to things...

ASU vs. Texas.  Thud.  Poor Sundevils.  There is always baseball.

And that's my hard-hitting, fact-based analysis from day one.  I'm expecting big things from the Pokes today.  My hopes are high.  Also, I picked the Cowboys to win it all in two different brackets.  Strangely enough, I'm the only one who did this, so I have the potential to earn some big bucks.

And to my fellow Poke fans out there, let me offer some words of wisdom from the great Tupac,  "Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up."

No comments:

Post a Comment