Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday List

I couldn't decide the topic I wanted to run with today, so I'm abandoning structure, and I will present to you a list.  I'm good at making lists.  And they are easier to write than something thoughtful.  Sometimes I'm lazy, get over it.


  1. I have lots of thoughts on the Richie Incognito situation, but mainly I'd like to point out the similarities between him and Ben Afleck's character in Dazed in Confused.  You guys remember O'Bannion?  Remember how seriously he took hazing the freshman, and how Randal Pink realized how stupid it actually was?  Well, I kind of feel like Randall Pink in this whole thing.  Where's Carl's mom when we need her?  Party at the moon tower.
  2. So, college football last night...that was something.  Thank God I don't bet on sports, I would have woken up much poorer this morning. I'm not a college football expert, and I'm not trying to pile on to Sooner fans' misery...but I don't think Blake Bell, or Bullethead as my brother calls him, is the answer.  Also, I'm a little tired of Oregon losing to those smarty pants trees.  And that's all the football analysis you're going to get from me.
  3. I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with my good friend and her baby who is just a month younger than my kiddo.  In the dream, my friend's 12 month old baby, was speaking in clear, full sentences.  I woke up completely stressed out because her baby was more advanced than mine.  If I have to look back to a point in my life when I officially lost it, it will be last night when my competitiveness spilled over into my dreams.
  4. Sometimes it's almost unbelievable how wrong Husband gets cliches and colloquialisms.  Here is an example of a recent conversation:
    Kathy: You know Howard (name changed to protect the innocent) won't talk to me.
    Husband: Oh yeah?
    Kathy: Yeah, I say "Good Morning" to him every day, and he acts like he doesn't hear me.
    Husband: Maybe he can't hear you.
    Kathy: No, he speaks to everyone else but me.  I'll say, "Good Morning," he is silent, and then someone else walks by and he shouts, "Hey!  Howya doin'?!"
    Husband: That's kind of funny.
    Kathy: I think it's kind of mean.  But I will just keep talking to him.  Eventually, I'll break him.
    Husband: That's right.  Kill him with sugar.
    Kathy: Ummm... I think that's called diabetes. I think you mean kindness.
    Husband: Yeah, sure.  Whatever.
  5. I swear on everything holy if we don't beat Kansas tomorrow, I'm staging a sit-in on Gundy's lawn.  You all are invited.  I'll make the signs. You bring the snacks.
  6. I'm headed to the first OSU basketball game of the season tonight.  Let me say this now, and let me be clear...get on the bus now.  This is the season, y'all.  You want to follow this team.  You want to be a basketball fan this year.  They are awesome, and through the law of transference (Is that a thing? Did I make that up?) you will be more awesome for cheering them on.  Get on this bandwagon.  I'll bring the signs, you bring the snacks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie, check out this site for your next list: rrrather.com

    ReplyDelete