Monday, October 3, 2011

So, I was thinking...

Hey there, friend.  I've been on sabbatical.  Did you miss me?  I sure missed you.

In all honesty, I have approximately six blogs I could write with the material I've acquired, but no one likes super long blogs, so I'll just give you a few of my thoughts, feelings and reflections.  Don't you worry your pretty little heads, though.  I can always expand on any topic, just raise your hand. (This blog ended up being really long anyway, sorry).

Now let's begin...

It is quite possible that I have missed my calling.  I think I might have been destined to be an actress.  I just seem to be a little more dramatic than most people.  I had an ah-ha moment last week when I was emailing Husband, and I actually shrugged while writing, shook my head and then smiled while hitting send.  Seriously.  I perform when no one is watching.  Today, I wrote an email I was so pleased with, I ended it with "Here, here!"  And raised my Nalgen water bottle in a toast.  I was all by myself, in my office.  I should be in the theater...my talents are being wasted in Oklahoma.

Husband and I visited Arizona last weekend.  Nice little mini-vacay.  Enjoyed that beautiful brisk Arizona fall...107 and rising.  On our flight back, I looked out the window at the Will Rogers World Airport.  Much to my dismay, I saw the bag handler throwing boxes from the cargo area onto a cart.  Why, you might be wondering, would this bother me so?  Well, this woman was chucking boxes labeled, "EXTREMELY FRAGILE" "LIVE TROPICAL FISH INSIDE" "THIS END UP"  Yet, she was not being gentle, and had blatant disregard for the arrows for which end was up.  A co-worker came over and joined in her shenanigans.  I then took a picture.  Which caught the attention of one of the bag handlers.  He didn't looked pleased.  I felt a little nervous, then reminded myself and Husband, "I'm a journalist.  I'm just doing my job."  Lesson learned: Don't ship your live, fragile tropical fish via Southwest.  Outlook is cloudy.

We were watching Parenthood the other night in which a rat made a cameo appearance.  I announced the following, "If we ever had a rat in this house, I would move out.  I would leave immediately and never come back."  Husband informed me that, "That's a little dramatic, even for you."  That's fine.  He and the rat can sit and talk about how dramatic Kathy is...should be a great conversation.  Best of luck to you both.

And finally, I would like to share with you how we spent our Saturday night.  ASU was playing late, kickoff approximately 9:36 pm.  We had to go to the local watering hole, because it wasn't being shown on any of our 700 cable channels.  Here's to you Cox cable, for showing the Duke vs. Florida International game, but not a top 25 game.  Top notch selection.  Anywho, we strolled into Buffalo Wild Wings, where we were surrounded by the local crowd who had just watched their team dismantle the Fighting Football Cardinals.  People had imbibed, they were all a little saucy.  Husband and I were the only two people in the bar watching football and dressed in bright yellow.  Much to our surprise, BWW turns into a rowdy karaoke bar at 10pm.  Saddle up, it's about to get real.  It was awful karaoke, with an abundance of country cheatin' music.  The bouncer and his girlfriend, who insisted on being called Sassy, literally laid on our table while caressing each other.  And to top it all off, ASU was playing very, very poorly.  Husband was getting angrier and angrier by the moment.  I was extremely amused.  It was a sitcom moment, the audience at home would have been rolling.  It's hard to say what the best moment was.  Could have been when a young lady in sexy tight clothes sang, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and ended her melody with, "Two months people, two months."  Or it could have been when a guy who claimed to play football at OSU sang, badly, "Here and Now," and a couple who was very much in love slow danced while he sang. Gold, pure gold.  Can't make this stuff up.  We did find the worse the karaoke, the better ASU played.  So when Evanescence came on, I knew we had a 90-yard touchdown pass in store.  Devils won.  And I laughed.  Good times.  I'll see you all there on Saturday night.

Oh and for those keeping track at home, I went 2-2 in Fantasy this week.  Got a little cocky.  Don't worry, Kathy is humble once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment