Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Penny for your thoughts?

You know that old saying, "Penny for your thoughts?"  Well, here is a dime's worth.

  1. Birds are rude.  I determined this as I watched a gaggle of geese fly over my neighborhood.  Several of these hooligans were pooping while flying.  Where is your decency?  That's what makes people different than birds: common courtesy.  That and wings.
  2. I saw a bumper sticker on the way to work today that said, "Jesus loves Yoga."  On second glance, I realized it actually said, "Jesus loves You," but the crazy font looked like "yoga."  I like the first version better.  I might start making Jesus loves Yoga bumper stickers.
  3. I'm immune to passive aggression.  When husband and I were at the airport a week or so ago, we took a seat while we waited.  An old curmudgeon said to her husband, "Every time I try to sit down, someone steals my seat."  I responded, "You should be faster."
  4. I wondered last night if a raccoon would make a good pet.  They are so cute.  I really like that they are always dressed as burglars. 
  5. The best thing to happen to me today was discovering that Clayton Kershaw (left handed pitcher for the Dodgers) is the great-nephew of the guy who discovered  Pluto.  The non-planet, not Mickey Mouse's pet.
  6. It's weird that Mickey Mouse had a pet.  He was a mouse.  Mice don't have pets, that's just silly.
  7. I heckled Husband at his softball game last night.  I really need to work on being more supportive.  In my defense, he needed to be more aggressive on the base path.
  8. Had one of the most annoying phone conversations ever this afternoon.  To sum up the convo, this guy was talking to me about creating videos for YouTube to promote things.  Everything I said, he responded, "Rock on."  Then he asked me what song I might want to use.  I said, "Heart of a Champion."  Him, "Hmmm, so gospel?"  Me, "Um no.  Hip hop."  You don't know Nelly?  Were you born after 2004?  He later asked me if I wanted to give him a high five.  You clearly know nothing about Kathy, she doesn't high five.  Especially over the phone. Rock on aborted.
  9. I put a yard sign in our yard advertising Mistletoe Market.  You should go by the way, it's next weekend.  The next day I came home and there was another sign.  I was confused.  That's not really how it's supposed to work.
  10. Today Husband emailed me about s'mores.  He made a slight typo: "You know I know s'mores."  I responded by asking, "When did you meet?"  He wrote back and said, "I take it back, s'mores are quiet.  I am not sure anyone can really KNOW them."  Very witty.  When other people make witty comments, I am instantly amused, and then annoyed that I didn't make the joke myself.
I'm thinking my next blog should be a point/counterpoint with Odd Holler...anyone interested?

1 comment:

  1. Three things stuck out to me that I wanted to mention.

    Re: 4. My parents had a raccoon as a pet for a while when they were newlyweds. His name was Rocky and my mom used to feed him with a bottle. I wasn't alive, but the pics I've seen of him are really cute. They loved him, but eventually they gave him to someone else that raised raccoons. Only in Ohio....well, probably in Oklahoma as well.

    Re: 7. I appreciate that you are a heckler. It's part of what makes me like you. Also for giving the Mr. a hard time. Bravo! Haha

    Re: 8. Sadly, I know the gospel song that your "Rock On" guy is talking about. Look up Carman, "Heart of a Champion." It's a Christian pop classic. :)

    ReplyDelete