Thursday, January 22, 2015

Throwing it back to the good ol' days...



On this Throwback Thursday, I'd like to throw it back to the days before kiss cam, or the Glory Days as I liked to call them.  Remember when scoreboards just had an animated man, who looked like a potato with arms, waving flags?  I liked those times, they were so much more simple.

There is something about where our basketball seats are located at the Oklahoma State games that has placed me directly in the cross-hairs of the kiss cam.  Every time T-Pain comes on, I know my mug is going to appear on the jumbotron.  I have appeared on the kiss cam five times.  And I'm sure you are thinking, "Five?  That's not that much."  Well, first of all if you think that, you're a jerk and you are not only wrong, you are clearly not picking up the gravity of the situation.

After four straight appearances within two weeks, I decided to take matters into my own hands.  I would instruct Husband to either A.) act like he didn't know me B.) stand up  or C). Go to the concession stand. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't love Husband.  But I don't like kissing on command. In public.  On a giant screen.  It makes me uncomfortable.  I also don't really like to hold hands.  It slows down my fast walking.

Anyway, from time to time when Husband can't make it to a game, I will sit by my brother and we both yell, "Rebound!" in unison and all is well.  So as you can imagine, the situation I was most concerned about was being caught with him on the kiss cam.  I remember one game in particular, I turned to him and said, "Please stop talking to me and go away."
Brother:  Ummm....why?
Kathy: Because I do not want to be on the kiss cam with you.
Brother: Fair enough.

We really had avoiding it down to an artform.  I made sure that one of us was either standing or not present during the first media timeout.  Until last night.  We let our guard down.  And you know what happens when you let your guard down?  You get stuck on kiss cam with your sibling.

I was busy checking twitter to see what people were saying about the game, so I didn't realize we were the main attraction until I heard my brother say, "Nope."  Then he stood up and ran away.  Yes, he ran right up the stairs as fast as he could move. I've never been more proud.

As he moved with cheetah-like speed up the stairs, the camera followed him the entire way.  The crowd got a good laugh out of it.  And then some began to boo.  Yes, this is how I spent my family time on Wednesday night, listening to the crowd boo my brother because he wouldn't mouth kiss me.  This is the world I live in.

As far as a quick game analysis, I felt pretty good about last night's performance.  Mainly because we won.  Tech is terrible, so that should build anyone's confidence.  Had productive minutes from guys other than the main two, shot better, blah, blah, blah.   I still believe Anthony Allen is the key.  If he can contribute quality minutes where he is pulling down boards and, I don't know, making 2-3 shots a game, it will make a tremendous difference.  I think he has so much potential but doesn't really seem to know what he's doing.  Which is basically how I feel every day I get out of bed.  I think that's why I like him....and his dreadlocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment