Monday, November 10, 2014

This is exhausting


Guys, I'm tired.  Like, really exhausted.  How much, you may ask?  Well, last night I had a dream I was going to prom.  I had decided that I would wear a tuxedo top and jeans.  Apparently, in my dreams I am the 1996 version of Garth Brooks at the Grammy's.  I woke up and realized, there is no analyzing to be done, I'm just going crazy.

So what could be causing these elevated levels of sleepies?  I see two possible answers.

First, my tiny human wears me out.  Let me go ahead and cut you off at the pass before you tell me that your 2/3/4 kids make you more tired than me.  Cool story.  This isn't a competition.  And this is my blog, and we're talking about me.  And right now the two year old I live with is exhausting.  On Saturday, Husband snuck away to watch the Sundevils with some friends leaving just us girls to our own devices at home.  And let me just tell you, one-on-one time is like being in the throws of a Congressional hearing.  So. Many. Questions.  Luckily, I'm quick on my feet, so if I don't know the answer, I just make one up.  By the time Husband got home, I looked at him and said, "I can literally not answer one more question.  Not one."  Then we took a family adventure to Sam's.  Started off with Tiny Human marching up and down the aisles yelling, "Look at all of this!  It's amazing!" About 30 minutes in, the interpretive song and dance portion of the program began.  It was a combination of spinning, downward dog, Jesus Loves Me, and a song about colors in Spanish.  As I watched her roll on the floor while belting out, "Yes!  Jesus loves me and Christmas trees have lights!" I thought to myself, "this is what you deserve, Kath."

I think, however, that my real exhaustion stems for Kirk Herbstreit.  Or as my brother likes to call him, Herb Herbstreit.  I just can't take him anymore.  On Saturday, prior to kickoff, he referred to Arizona State as the most overrated team in the nation.  Following their convincing win against Notre Dame, he called the Sundevils "trendy" and then pointed out that they got beat badly by UCLA and only beat USC because of a Hail Mary.  He then went on to subtly try to convince me that Ohio State was the most deserving new member to the top four.  Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Your bias is starting to show.  And no, I'm not talking about SEC bias, I'm talking specifically about your bias against me.

Lest we forget about his blatant hatred of Oklahoma State in 2011.  Remember your sound reasoning that the Pokes couldn't play for the national championship?  We didn't deserve it because we had a bad loss, remember.  Well, I've got two words for you Herbie:  Virginia. Tech.  Your beloved Buckeyes got beat by a craptastic Va Tech team that may not even finish with a winning record.  Bad loss.  Terrible loss.  And if it's enough to keep my Cowboys out, your stupid Buckeyes should stay home too.  And no, you can't change your mind.  No take backs.

Kirk Herbstreit exists on this earth to make me mad and talk noise about teams I like.  I knew he couldn't be trusted when he continued to tell me Mike Stoops was a great coach.  Keep it up, pretty boy and I'll arrange to have you put into a room with Tiny Human and 1,000 items she's never seen before.  She will Guantanamo your ass and bring you to your knees with her questioning.  


1 comment:

  1. So good.

    Maybe you could burn down Herbie's house?

    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2009/07/23/IRSburn.ART_ART_07-23-09_A1_DDEIB64.html

    ReplyDelete