Friday, November 7, 2014

Fly on the Wall

Look people, I'm thin on material.  It's a sad state of affairs around here.  I don't really have any opinions to give on OSU football.  Project Runway has come to an end.  Election season is complete.  I really am left with very little to evaluate.  I guess I could tell you about the latest New Yorker article I read about a Mexican lucha libre wrestler who wears no mask and dresses in drag, but let's just save that gem for another day.

Instead, I'm going to let you peak inside recent conversations at our house.

The Setting: Last night as I'm trying figure out what I'm going to wear to an event.

Kathy: The dress for this is "snappy casual."  I don't really know what that means....but I don't think I have anything that fits that description.
Husband: Yeah.  You have more of a "mom wardrobe."
Kathy: (snapping head  around): WHAT?!
Husband: *silence*
Kathy: What does that mean?!
Husband: You know, like work clothes.
Kathy: I feel a lot of anger towards you right now.
Husband: Yeah, I kind of figured.  *walks away*

I can't even put into words how offended I was/am/always will be.

The Setting: Sitting down to dinner and the television is on ESPN with some sort of NBA analysis going on.

Tiny Human: Who's that?  What's that name?
Me: That is John Anderson, Chauncey Billups, and George Karl.
Tiny Human: He's a turtle!
Me: You think George Karl looks like a turtle?
Tiny Human: Yeah!
Me: I'm not going to disagree with that assessment.

See for yourself.


The Setting:Talking about the big game this weekend, pitting the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame versus the Arizona State Sun Devils.   The Catholics versus the Horned Ones.

Husband: A lot of people are talking about how this really is a big game, in so many ways.  Like it could be a defining moment.
Kathy: It definitely could be
Husband: And you know, ASU has the tendency to falter in the spotlight.
Kathy: Yeah, I'm afraid this might be a pile of poo.
Husband: *stares back at me*
Kathy: *smiling* I'm just a mom, what do I know?

Don't worry though, I'll be cheering on the Sun Devils tomorrow while wearing sensible shoes, a ribbed sweater and mom jeans....which are apparently back in style.

Happy Weekend, Go Devils!

No comments:

Post a Comment