Friday, September 12, 2014

So. Many. Questions.


Okay people, I will keep this short.  I've got things to do.  I'm sure you do as well.  Here are a couple of questions that I need immediate answers to...

When will America's Got Talent end?  For the love of everything holy, how long will this show go on?  I feel like it has been on my whole life.  Every night.  Every single time I turn on the TV, there is Nick Cannon wearing a suit made of disco balls or flamingo feathers.  Make it stop.  And can we change the name to America's Got "Talent"?  Kind of like Dancing with the "Stars."  Both words are pretty subjective.  If I have to see that weird little girl in glasses sing one more power ballad, I may just lose it.  I may just go ham.

How old is too old to use the phrase "going ham"?  Asking for a friend.

What is wrong with people who call "The Rant?"  The local news here has this horrible, horrible segment every night where they pose a question to their viewers and ask them to text or call in with their opinions. Usually the questions are something like, "Washington politicians hate freedom and bald eagles.  Do you think it's okay to take away your freedom?"  Or "People in California support gay marriage.  Do you think this means someone will make you marry a same sex partner? Are you okay with it?"   Or "A mom in Vermont doesn't want people to have guns around her children.  Are you okay with the government taking all your guns away and using them against you?"  It truly brings out the worst.  Usually, I change the channel immediately.  Ignorance is bliss, people.  And the less ridiculous opinions I hear on the Rant, the happier I am with the current state of things in Oklahoma.  The other night, Husband and I had a deep conversation about The Rant.  (We were both sick and sleeping on different ends of the house, in case you were wondering why we were texting each other.)



Why is local sports media trying to convince me that the OU and OSU games are "big" games?  They aren't.  Tennessee is a shell of their former selves.  It's like meeting Alicia Silverstone...now.  Kinda cool.  Would have been a whole lot cooler in the 90s.  This is not a big deal.  Only a big deal if OU poops down their leg and doesn't blow them out.  Come on, now.  And if I have to hear one more time that UTSA is the most experienced team in college football, I will change the channel and watch Nick Cannon on America's Got "Talent."  You know what else?  They lost, at home, to a crappy Arizona team.  Arizona literally walked over and said, "Here, you guys take this game.  We want you to have it."  And UTSA is all, "Nah.  We're good."  If we lose to the roadrunners...well, then our coaches aren't worth a flip.  Drumming up hype that isn't really there....that's so raven.

Why did I end that last paragraph that way?  I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment