Monday, September 15, 2014

That is information I do not have


It has come to my attention that I may not know everything.  I can tell by your reaction that you are as surprised as I am.  It's okay, we can get through this together.

While I pride myself in having lots of useless knowledge, it seems like I might need brush up on a few topics.  The following conversations exposed my lack of knowledge on two different topics.

Sunday before the first NFL game of the day:

Husband: I don't even know who the backup running back is in Minnesota.
Kathy: Don't ask me.  I can name a grand total of two players for the Vikings.  And Adrian Peterson is one of them.  Kevin Williams is the other.
Husband: Kevin Williams doesn't play for them anymore.
Kathy: Okay, I can name one player on that team.
*Husband goes into the office, looks up roster, starts reading off players.
Kathy: Let me go ahead and stop you.  I should have been more clear.  I don't care who plays for the Vikings.  

A few weeks ago after the Tony Stewart incident.

Kathy: You know, I really don't know anything about NASCAR.  I think I could only name a few drivers.
Husband: Same here.
Kathy: Tony Stewart...Dale Earnhardt...Jimmy Johnson...Cole Trickle
Husband: I don't think the last one counts
Kathy: Depends on who you ask.  Rubbin' is racin', ya know?
Husband: Let me out of the car, Cole!  (in Australian accent)
(we really should take our show on the road.  High comedy at all times)

I also don't really know much about OSU.   I don't know why JW Walsh was sitting on top of the stadium on Saturday night.  According to the depth chart that was released on Saturday, he was still listed as a potential starter.  I suppose sitting on top of the stadium is our new "bullpen."  Very innovative.  When it's time for him to come in, we send him a bat signal and he parachutes down.  What I do know (now) is that the man who sits in front of us at the games does not appreciate one tiny bit criticism of Walsh.  Noted.  Please accept my half-hearted apology, sir.

I don't know if we will be any good.  I don't know if the receivers will be able catch what Double X throws them or not.  I don't know how we will stack up against the rest of the Big XII.  I don't know if running it up the middle three downs in a row will start to work....just kidding.  I do know the answer to that one.  It won't.

So check back with me in October, maybe I'll be smarter then.

Until then, I'd like to share with you a revelation that occurred last week.  Remember a couple of posts ago when I told you all about how I get phrases wrong?  Well, I know where that comes from.  Husband.  He gets things not quite right all the time.   Like, he's in the ballpark, but not hitting home runs.  Need an example?  I'm happy to provide one.


I'll give him an A for effort.  Nickname definitely came from a movie about "blades."  One stars Billy Bob Thorton  The other stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.  What's that?  He's not in that movie?  Please add, "facts about Blade Runner" to the list of things I don't know anything about.

No comments:

Post a Comment