Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The key to happy face smiley

This is my 100th blog post.  Big deal huh?  Big freakin' deal.  I decided on this monumental day, I would share with you the key to happiness that I discovered just last night.  It's my way of giving back to you.

Are you ready for it?

The key to happiness is...going to bed at 8 p.m.  Yep.  It literally is the best thing in the world.  My body is having an adverse reaction to Oklahoma per sinus infection/allergy attack/head-on-the-brink-of-exploding.  I'm currently in the pursuit of a doctor who will write me a note that says, "Kathy must spend her time at the beach until Oklahoma weather gets itself together."  Until then, I will just suffer.  I did however, go to bed at 8 p.m. last night.  It was kind of on accident, and it was glorious.  GLORIOUS, I tell you.  We should all be doing this.  I'm starting to see why old people turn in so early.  Isn't it an old Chinese proverb that with age comes wisdom?  Confucius say, your damn right it does.

Rolling along with the happy theme, here are a few other happiness-related items for your reading pleasure...

1. Seeing as I'm only paying a small fortune to have my kid in daycare, I decided to up the ante and get Mr. Bojangles enrolled in doggie daycare as well.  I've seen those Ticket Oak commercials, money does grow on trees.  The real reason he is going to Doggie Day Camp is because we are trying to sell our house and strangers cause Mr. B to bark a lot and run in circles at an incredible rate of speed. It's best for everyone if he is amongst his own kind.  Happiness takeaway: Mr. Bojangles gets to spend the whole day barking and smelling other dogs' butts, i.e. Utopia.

2. The novelty of my car reading my text messages to me has yet to wear off.  Two days ago, someone cussed in a text and I laughed and laughed at the GPS lady's interpretation of said word.  And this morning, I learned that she translates :) as "happy face smiley."  Can you imagine how she might translate other emoticons?  The suspense is killing me.  Happiness takeaway: Being easily amused by technology is a good thing for me.

3. I work with a lot of Sooners.  They don't necessarily love how much orange I wear, and it seems to perplex them. I assume they wonder what Husband wonders, "how does one person own SO many pieces of orange clothing?"  The answer, my friends, is dedication.  As I walked to the printer this morning, someone commented, "Look at you. In orange...again."  Kathy: "It's Game Day!"  And then I threw the guns up as I walked back to my desk.  Happiness takeaway: Not only am I supporting the Cowboys, I'm possibly annoying OU fans with all my orange.  And that my friends, is called winning on all aspects.

4. Husband and I had the following conversation on Sunday:

Kathy: I think she's in that 7 Years a Slave movie.  Or 12 Years.  Whatever.  7 Years with good behavior.
Husband: *no reaction*
Kathy: Did you not hear my joke?
Husband: What?  7 years with good behavior?
Kathy: Yes.  That was gold.
Husband: *no reaction*
Kathy: The world would be a better place if you thought I was as funny as I actually am.
Husband: I'll work on that.

Happiness takeaway: When Husband starts going to bed at 8 p.m., his mind will be more clear and open to the comedic genius that he lives with.

No comments:

Post a Comment