Monday, January 20, 2014

Sports Shorts


Holy Smokes, it's already the end of the day.  Which means instead of going on and on like I usually do, you're going to get an abbreviated version of my sports wrap up.  I'll hit the highlights, and leave the rest on the cutting room floor.


  1. Hurry! Hurry!  Hooray!  Peyton wins!  And now, I've gone over my limit of exclamation points for the week.  Seriously though, I'm totally stoked the Broncos crushed Tom Brady's wind pipe, figuratively speaking of course.  I had a happy household on my hands after the game.  The tiny human even gives high fives when good things happen.  She's worn her lucky outfit the last two weekends for game watching.  The top is too small. So I had a serious talk with her yesterday about not growing for two more weeks, so we can all wear our lucky shirts.  Husband suggested putting her on a diet, and I think he's probably right.  It's the Super Bowl, y'all, it's important! (shoot, another exclamation point).
  2. Rock Chalk Jerk Face.  Wasn't thrilled with Saturday's game.  I was so disgusted at halftime that I went and washed my car.  And lo and behold the Cowboys started playing better.  So I texted Husband and told him I was just going to listen to the rest of the game in the car.  I drove around Stillwater, which isn't that big, for 20 minutes listening to the game, screaming, "GOT IT!" and "YESSSSSS!" as loud as I could.  When we were within 3, I got out of the car and came in.  Then we went down by 11.  So... I went back to the car.  I should have never left.  That loss was on me.  Also, can we stop with the KU of old stuff?  Back when Roy Williams was coaching, they had a pristine program with respectful young men who played the game right.  That's not how it is anymore, so enough with your hoity toity, "we are so disciplined" hoo-ha.  Self's got a bunch of punks playing for him, who don't know how to shut their pie holes.  Granted, they keep winning, so I suppose they don't have to.  And they are good, very good.  But long gone are the days of  Eric Cheonwith and Raef LaFrentz (yeah, I went there). And one more thing...Wiggins isn't your best player.  He's not even second best.  Underwelmed.  You just wait for March, ya jerks.
  3. Jamaica!  How exciting is it that the Jamaican Bobsled Team qualified for the Olympics?  So great. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Cool Runnings is one of the very best sports movies ever.  I cried when they carried their bobsled to the finish line.  Good stuff.  Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme!  Get on up, it's bobsled time!
  4. The Beard Unites?  Nope.  The Beard divides.  Husband and I got into an actual argument last week about James Harden.  It was ridiculous.  If he would just see things the way I see them, everything would be perfect.  WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?  We want James to do well, but we are a Thunder household.  End of discussion.  We also had a heated discussion about the new Chicago Cubs mascot.  These are our problems.  Also, our dog won't stop pooping on the floor...so things could be better.

Okay, that's it.  Over and out.  From this point forward, just wear orange (Broncos and Pokes), gold (ASU, even though it looks horrible on everyone) or red/black and green (Jamaica!).

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, I listened to the first half on the radio and watched the second on TV. So maybe I should take your TV on game days and give you my radio?

    ReplyDelete