Monday, December 19, 2011

A very special Christmas message

This summer, I purchased some clip art CDs.  I'm not really sure how the law reads exactly, but I know that it is frowned upon to just pull images from the internet and use them in publications.  Not wanting to get myself in trouble, I decided that it was probably in my best interest to invest in some clip art. I found a great deal.  More then 20,000 images for a mere $40.  How did I get so lucky?    I'll tell you how, the pictures are suspect.  I knew I was in trouble when I found the picture you see above in the "sports" folder.

Today as I worked on creating a electronic holiday greeting from everyone in the office, I went back to my trusty clip art CD.  Maybe, just maybe the holiday pictures will be better quality.  Not so much.  I've pulled a couple of my favorites for your viewing pleasure.  If these don't get you in the holiday spirit, nothing will.... enjoy.
Santa, minus the beard, plus dreads.  And of course he's grilling.
This picture was in the "holiday" folder.  I've yet to determine which holiday she is celebrating.

Hey, I've got an idea....let's just take pictures of things around the house and label them as "high res photos."  No one will know the difference.

Nothing says Christmas like a blurry, off-center picture of the front of a random office building.  'Tis the season, indeed!
Cucumbers, one pickle, a half-eaten cake.  Or as they say in the art-world: still life.
I don't know what is going on here.  I'm so confused I can't even come up with a witty caption.
Two obvious things to take away from this: the kid is wearing a sweet jacket and the man he is with looks like a serial killer.  Happy Holidays!

It was very difficult for me not to choose this picture for our office holiday card.  I personally think scary full-sized elves are really, really fantastic.


The End.

5 comments:

  1. nice! Hey kathy- we use several online photo sources for royalty-free art. search for one that has a pay-per rather than subscription and you can get a lot better art, although much less humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to sue whomever you bought that CD from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that elf picture is hysterical. I love it too much - if that's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will, I assume this is your official legal advice. Please advise how I might go about suing myself.

    ReplyDelete