Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Curiosities...

I very much like this picture.  I hope you do too...

Last time we talked, I was sharing with all of you the amazing photos I found on my top notch clip art/stock images CD.  Believe it or not, that was my most popular blog to date.  Who knew?  Less talky-talky, more pictures.  I'll throw a few more in for you viewing pleasure at the end of this blog, but I have a couple of quick questions in regards to Christmas for you:
  1. What is the deal with this song Christmas Shoes?  If it doesn't make me cry, does it mean I don't have a heart?  I'm concerned.  I saw a friend tweet about it a couple of weeks ago, so I googled it.  I found a YouTube "original" video to accompany the song.  Worst video ever.  Horrible video The kids teeth are jacked, he's buying sneakers for his dying mom that look like they are used.  And I get that the sentiment is that he wants his mom to have new shoes to wear to heaven.  It's just a little over-the-top.  It's possible the video ruined the message of the song for me.  The Dreamlover video by Mariah Carey had the same effect on me....oh wait, I just don't like Mariah Carey.
  2. The Lost Ogle blogged about this earlier today.  But I stand by the fact that I asked this just the other night, why is My Favorite Things now considered a Christmas song.  It's not about Christmas.  It's about a thunderstorm in Nazi-Austria when Liesl sneaks out and cute little Gretl is scared.  It wasn't even winter in the movie.  Somebody explain to me what is going on here.  If I decide that I would like Defying Gravity to be a Christmas song, can I just make that happen?  Who do I need to call?
  3. How do parents explain to children how Santa comes into their houses when they have gas fireplaces that don't open.  I need to know, because Mr. Bojangles is getting old enough to be curious.  Does Santa just come through a window?  And do we just send our alarm code to the North Pole?  I mean, I just want to keep up with the times.
Enough of that, here are some pics I left out the other day. 
Another scary elf.  Yet to be determine where is he going.
You should probably just come up with your own caption.  Because I really don't know what is going on here.
Just because you dress in all red doesn't make you Santa.  Where's the belt?  The fur trim?  Where's your freakin' beard?  Fraud. 
So a sheep dog and a clown walk into a creepy old motel...

And finally, I know this isn't Christmas, but I really like this picture.  I think this might be Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater and his wife is inside there.
Happy holidays  everyone, I'll be back after I open all my presents.  I just know this is the year I get a Vespa.

1 comment:

  1. A of all, the picture up top is precious, and by precious, I mean awesome.

    1. Christmas shoes is a nice sentiment (I suppose), but the song is stupid and you are correct, that video made my eyes bleed. So, if you don't have a heart, I'm right there with you.

    2. My Favorite Things should never be considered a Christmas song, but I can understand that (for some) The Sound of Music transcends seasons, backgrounds, and holidays and its musical numbers can be enjoyed at any time (I don't think I'm one of these people, but I get it, because I feel that way about other "cult" movies and TV shows, i.e., Star Wars, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Family Guy, Arrested Development, etc.).

    3. Not only is there an issue with Gas fireplaces that don't open, but what about all those people who live in apartments or homes with no fireplace at all? After leaving my parent's house in 1998, I've NEVER had a fireplace, much less a working one. Of course, Santa never visited me anyway, since I'm just a lonely Jew on Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1gNYU27Tk).

    B of all that scary elf looks like he's about to fart on that blue velvet bag (really? a blue bag? Who's EVER seen a BLUE sack of presents?)

    C of all - Caption Contest: Carol really knows how to give a dog a bone

    I've got nothin' else for the other pics, I think you pretty well covered it.

    ReplyDelete