Saturday, June 18, 2011

See what I just did there? Totally justified.

I just bought a new purse.  Didn't need it.  Probably could go five more years without buying a new purse and be fine.  Did it anyway.  I'm a maverick.

But here is why it's okay and everyone should support my decision:

You might have heard, my life is completely inundated with sports.  I watch sports, I work in sports, I talk sports.  I listen to sports radio from 9 am until 5 pm Monday through Friday.  I shop talk about Mel Kiper and Phil Steele.  85% of the people I follow on Twitter are sports people: athletes, SIDs, sports writers, sports bloggers, and analysts.  I faithfully attended every sport Oklahoma State offers this year with the exception of tennis and cross country/track.  It's an illness.

But my masculine traits don't stop there.  I like to drink dark beer, cuss when necessary (it's usually necessary), and I'm pretty messy.  I really do like watching Sportscenter, playing Fantasy Football, eating corn dogs, and listening to NWA and Too Short on Pandora.  I'm a lot like a crass guy.

But here's the fun twist in the story... I love lots of girly stuff too.  Shoes, purses, new clothes, and pink.  However, I would never wear a pink jersey or sports shirt.  That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  If you team's colors are blue/orange/black that's what you should be wearing.  Not pink.  You aren't five years old.  Suck it up.  I own 85 articles of orange clothing.  And it doesn't even look good on me, but I wear them with pride. Anyway, I like to think my love of high heels and purses balances out all my mainly qualities.

So today, with no sporting events in the near future, I bought an adorable new purse that I didn't need.   It's number 27 in my standard rotation.  I can hear your judgment...and frankly, I'm ignoring you

1 comment: