Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Good vs. Bad

It's Bedlam week y'all.  Good guys versus bad guys.  America's most beautiful shade of orange versus the color of a flesh wound.  Some might even say little brother versus big brother....but let me tell ya, ain't no way I'm ever considering a Sooner as part of my family.  You're lucky I even consider you friends (I kid, the four of you I like, know who you are).

I have to say, I'm pretty confident about this year's match up.  I feel good.  Great coaching with leadership and passion.  Toughness.  Pride in the program.  Dieringer.  Kindig.  Collica.  Oh, what's that?  You thought I was talking about football?  No, you silly head.  I'm talking about Bedlam wrestling.   Sunday.  Gallagher Iba Arena.  Mark it down, Pokes win big.

I hear there is a football match being played on Saturday too.  Let's look at what we know about that:

  1. Trevor Knight is out again.  That sets up for stupid Blake Bell to be brought in during the fourth quarter to somehow come in and single-handily beat us. Again.  I believe Blake Bell to be my least favorite Sooner of all time.  He made my baby cry!  Okay, technically, that's not what happened.  But in 2012 as I watched all 9 feet 4 inches of him rumble into the endzone, I screamed, "*curse word* STOP HIM!"  And my 3 month old burst into tears.  And I thought to myself, "Cool story.  I'm a bad mom.  I'm pissed.  And OU just won.  Life is dumb."
  2. Gundy won't answer any questions.  I'm not confident he's even working on plays.  It's possible he may not even show up on Saturday.  And I'm not sure that it would make much of a difference.  Somebody's got a case of the big-times.  Well, here's the deal, Gundy...don't big-time me.  Kathy doesn't have any tolerance for that.  Show a little passion, stop acting so annoyed with having to answer questions.  That is actually one of your job requirements.  So is coaching your team to win, but those are just semantics.  Also, you only get to act like Belichick if you win like Belichick.  So turn that frown upside down, pal.  Go team!
  3. Apparently, OU has a player who runs a lot.  Approximately a quarter mile (thanks Google!) per game.  Super.  That sounds like it will be a fun thing to watch.  If the Sooners had any class at all, they'd let him rest his weary legs after his record-breaking performance.  But the good news?  The game should go quickly.

Now, as you are aware, I've been called irrational.  I've also been called Kathy twice this week, so everything seems to be business as usual.  But with all of this negativity that surrounds my thoughts, I do actually have a little hope.  We've got a new quarterback (maybe), and I believe that little red-nosed reindeer may be the spark we need.  To win this game, we're gonna need trickeration, luck, forced turnovers, God on our side, and a possible sporadic weather phenomenon.  But as they say at Ripley's, nothing is impossible!  Or maybe they say, believe it or not.  What's the difference?

So to Mason Rudolph, I say to you: Guide the sleigh, young man.  Guide the damn sleigh!

And as always...Go Pokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment