Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A drunk cat in overalls goes on the lam


I'm starting to think not having any sports in my life is making me boring.  I've officially morphed into a middle-aged man.

It has become a regular occurrence for people to ask me, "Are you going to blog about this?"  I usually just shrug.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  I have to write about something, right?  But my life has hit a lull.  I can trace this directly back to the end of the World Cup.  I think I've entered summer doldrums.  I actually have no idea what doldrums are, but that word seems fitting.

So...in an attempt to ignite my creative juices, here is a peak into my life at this very moment.

Drunk History. I have a new favorite show.  It's called Drunk History and it's on Comedy Central.  Simple concept.  Get people hammered and have them tell some historical story.  It's the reenactments that are key.  Because you know how drunk people tell stories? Slow and repetitive and they often lose their train of thought in the middle.  That's what this show is with actors acting it out.  I come close to peeing my pants every time I watch it.

A cat in overalls.  Last night, I was perusing Twitter.  I was flipping through a strangers pictures, because, you know, you can do that on Twitter.  So it looks like in addition to being a middle-aged man, I'm also an internet creep.  Batting a thousand over here.  Anyway, I stumble across the above picture that has been made into a meme.  And I just couldn't handle it.  I laughed so hard I cried. Actual tears. I mean, it's a cat.  In overalls.  Why is this the funniest thing I've ever seen?  And where can I find a pair for  Mr. Bojangles?

Close but so far.  Also on tap on the television lately has been I Almost Got Away with It.   I stumbled upon this show by accident but was immediately drawn in.  The story went something like this: two guys, who both look remarkably like Goldberg, decide they want to escape from county jail.  So they Shawshank their way out of the place.  Seriously, they burrowed through the wall.  In order to get through security, they pretend to be construction workers, and amazingly it worked.  They run away to some town where hoodlums gather and just start up a fun life.  Then one of them gets pulled over by the cops for driving a stolen car.  Oh no!  The jig is up, right?  Nope.  He just tells the cops, "Hey, this is my car.  I don't have my ID though.  Cool?"  And the cop is all, "yep, that's cool."  Then the cops raid a house they are staying at and they hide in the closet.  They take them to jail, but it's such a small town they let them go and tell them, "Next time, don't hide in the closet." It was fascinating, really.  Remind me if I ever go on the run, I should definitely do it in Kentucky.  In the end, the Goldbergs did get caught and they are back in the pokey.  But it was a valiant run.

Yes.  No. Maybe.  And finally, the only sporting news I do have to report is that I didn't really learn anything through Big XII media days.  According to our fearless leader, Coach Gundy, JW Walsh may be the starting quarterback.  But maybe not.  He won't say.  We like to keep it a mystery, I suppose.  Just in case Wes Lunt shows back up on campus, we want to keep our options open.  I also learned that our running back Devon Thomas who was arrested and charged with armed robbery for breaking into someone's house, holding them at gunpoint in an attempt to steal their weed and then telling them to leave may or may not be still on the team.  I mean, he's not on the roster.  But we can't confirm that he's not on the team.  Glad we cleared that up.

I mean do we need someone who is this bad at decision making on the team?  He committed multiple crimes in front of these people who he knew and then told them to leave.  You know who won't be making an appearance on I Almost Got Away with It?  Devon Thomas, that's who.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment