Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Orange you glad you're a Cowboy?




Bless my heart, I'm completely exhausted.  But I thought I'd power through and write a couple letters.  Must keep pushing forward...

Dear Sports Media,

Do you think you guys could cover the Marcus Smart story some more?  I just don't feel like I've gotten enough.  Since there has been little to no coverage, I haven't heard the whole story about how after he pushed the redneck jerkface fan he shanked him, drained his bank account, punched his puppy, and left a flaming bag of poo on his front porch.  Oh?  He didn't do that?  No one was mirked?  Weird.

And maybe, while you're at it, you can move on.  He made a mistake that cannot be excused in any fashion.  He also apologized and is being justly punished for his crime against humanity.  Maybe you could focus on the lack of leadership on the sidelines.

Or maybe you could focus on Bob Costas's zombie eyes.  Seriously.  They are really bad.

Sincerely,

Kathy



Dear Marcus Smart,

I forgive you.  Actually, I was never mad at you.  I understand making mistakes...it's how I spent my 20s.  I applaud you for publicly apologizing to that jerk at Texas Tech.  We all know he didn't deserve your apology.  

Also, it's good you learn now that you can't react the way you want to when frustrated.  Stupid society has rules and consequences.  But between you and I, if I had had someone to push after that game, I would have too.  I was pretty mad myself.

Keep on trucking,

Fellow mistake-maker



Dear Coach Ford,

Well...things aren't good between you and I. I know you know that.  The wheels started to get a little shaky on the bandwagon after the West Virginia game.  In the weeks since, all four wheels have come off, the bandwagon crashed into a tanker truck filled with gasoline and exploded into a fiery inferno.  There were no survivors.

You are making something I have loved my whole life no fun.  You are turning my most favorite place on earth into a depressing setting.  You are snuffing out my sunshine.  You are scribbling on my masterpiece.  For the love of everything holy, stop.

Two thumbs down,

A former member of your fan club



Dear Sports Universe,

Thanks for letting me see one of the teams I cheer for (OSU wrestling) finally win.  It had been a while.  Victory does, in fact, taste just as sweet as I had remembered. Like pineapples and sugar. Do you think you could throw me a bone here and maybe sprinkle in a few more this spring?  Come on.  I've earned it.  I know that you have to suffer through losses to truly appreciate the wins.  Well, consider the first stage complete.  Let's move on to the winning part.

Three hail Mary's and amen,

A very depressed fan



Dear OSU Basketball Team,

For those of you still left, I'm still behind you.  I promise.  I'm still coming to the games, and with the dwindling fan base, you should be able to hear me yelling for you to rebound more clearly.  But seriously, rebound.  

Al Michaels asked me once if I believe in miracles.  I do.  

Go Pokes!

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment