Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Well, that's annoying

How funny is this picture?  I love Google image searching.  You just type something random in, and Google rewards you with a menagerie of jpegs.  I'm going to go ahead and state that Google is one of my favorite things in the world.  OSU sports, salt and Google.  Four thumbs up.

So remember how a couple of days ago, I asked you all for insight into what I should write about?  Well, no one responded.  And that's all well and good, but I must push on.  Onward and upward!  To Hell and back! You get the picture.

I'm dedicating Wednesdays to things that annoy me.  Lucky for you, the list is endless.  It's part of my charm.

So here's my short list for this week:

1. At my new job, I park in a parking garage.  The space are somewhat small, so I push that fancy button that folds the side mirrors on my car in each morning.  And every time I do, I am startled by my own reflection.  I instantly think someone is in the car with me.  Every.  Single. Time.  I have a master's degree.  I should be smarter than this.

2. This weather is so dumb.  Raise your hand if you are tired of me complaining about the weather.  Yes, you in the back.  You know how this could be remedied?  If the freakin' weather would start acting like spring.  Sun.  Shine.  Pull it together, Oklahoma.  Also, weatherpeople, I know your job is hard, because it's determined by God.  I get that, I do.  But can you bring the apocalyptic descriptors down a notch?  In case anyone was keeping score, there were no tornadoes, or monster hail, and no cataclysmic meteors.  I ended up wearing my tornado helmet to bed for no reason at all.

3. I woke up this morning tired and a little grumpy.  I was also super hungry.  On a total impulse move, I threw a tub of hummus and a bag of pita chips in my purse on the way out the door.  I'm sure you are thinking, how big is your purse, Kathy?  Pretty big.  It's kind of like luggage.  Three small forest animals could live inside it.  I don't typically bring side dishes/party food/appetizers to work to eat for breakfast.  But that's what I was in the mood for this morning.  I'm a trend setter.  Very mavericky. (<<---not a real word).  As I settled into my desk, I started to feel just a touch silly for having a large bag of pita chips and an industrial sized tub o' hummus.  I had about a 7 minute internal battle trying to decide if I wanted to actually go through with it.  Finally, I took a deep breath and decided to just embrace being the weirdo in the cube along the wall.  I pulled out the pita chips first (opened them under the desk to avoid immediate detection) and then fished out the hummus.  I was ready to embrace my inner Mediterranean.  And then I discovered the hummus was covered in mold.  No morning snack.  No smushed chickpeas. No bueno. Sad Kathy.

I blame the girl in the car with me this morning.  Obviously, she not only likes to scare me, but she also likes to crush my healthy snacking dreams.

2 comments:

  1. The weather is determined by science, not God. However perhaps that is why the TV weather people are so confused. If they think is is caused by God, then it is much more frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your trials and tribulations filled with hilarity. Very mavericky in deed Kathy. This weather was caused by the devil ( Dick Cheney) not science. Who would think such a thing. Climate change schimate change. I want drink hard liquor in glass filled with ice mined from the polar ice caps.

    ReplyDelete