Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sports Shorts

I love this picture.  I love that the lady in the middle is approximately 450 years old.  Go on with your old self.  Thunder Up!  Just don't break your hip.

So remember when I said I was going to try to organize this blog and I'd write about certain things on certain days?  Well that lasted for two glorious days.  I got a little too ambitious.  If I didn't have anything else to do, like care for a human child, work at a real job, clean my dwelling space, etc, I could pull this off.  I've yet to figure out how to get someone to pay me to write this blog.  Until I do, you will all just have to take what I give you.  My new revised plan is to group my blogs into four main categories: weekend recaps, things that annoy me, pop culture observations and sports.  That basically covers everything I know about anyway.  If I ever travel again, I'll throw in a travel category.  So today, I'm going to talk to you about sports.  Go! Fight! Win!

It's playoff time in the NBA, which means Kathy is officially back on the bandwagon.  I'm very open and honest about my fandomness.  I love the Thunder, I want them to win every game.  But my focus from November to March is on Oklahoma State basketball.  It is my first love.  Okay, my first love was Dylan McKay, but OSU basketball still has my heart.  (Dylan could not be trusted, he was never the same once his dad was "murdered.")  Once the college basketball season wraps, I'm all in...sort of.  I mean, seriously, there are SO many games.  I went to three Thunder games this year and every one was a blow out win.  Unlike the Cowboys, the Thunder are consistently good and you don't have to worry about high stress levels during every game.  I think that's why they pay them the big bucks.

I also keep up with the team via local sports radio.  I listen to these hacks analyze every dribble and jump shot.  Basically, whatever they say, I choose to believe the opposite.  It has served me right so far.  Once the playoffs start, they really up their "sky is falling" analysis.  I would call them morons, but I'm the one who listens, so I think we all know who the moron is here.  Stupid Kathy.

So here we are, playing James Harden and the Rockets. Husband made the announcement that he was going to cheer for the Rockets.  Oh come on! Are you doing this just to annoy me?  Husband took it hard when the Thunder and Harden broke up.  Very hard.  He's all, "I can't believe the fans are being this way," and I'm all, "Get over it.  This is what Oklahoma City fans are like."  And he's all, "That's stupid.  He was going to make more money."  And I'm all, hand to the face, brah.  Not really.  But I really would like to end an argument that way.  #pipedreams

Don't get me wrong, I miss the Beard more than anyone.  I wish desperately that he was still with the Thunder.  I'm hoping for a Steve Nash-like story, that he'll come back to us, like that crazy Canadian did with the Suns.  What a happy ending... minus him bailing for the Lakers.  But sometimes, things happen in sports that make you mad.  For example, I wanted the Broncos to draft Dez Bryant in 2010 draft.  They chose not to due to supposed "character issues" (boy were they wrong!).  They instead chose to draft Tim Tebow.  The worst quarterback ever.  I continued to cheer for Denver despite this decision.  I cringed with every throw, hoping the receiver would grow two feet by divine intervention in order to catch the wobbly ball.  I even started to believe that maybe Tebow was best friends with Jesus.  How else could you explain the wins?  I did all of this, in the name of sports.

Kathy rises above.  She is so mature and wise.  Husband makes pictures like this.

Cool picture.  Your Photoshop skills are top notch.  I also feel like this picture accurately demonstrates that I am not the only obnoxious person living in our house.

Let's all regroup and touch base in Round 2.  If we are playing the Clippers, I'm hoping for a monster dunk on Griffin's face with a mean mug following.  Don't care who does it.  Just want to see it.  Twice.


2 comments:

  1. Pssshhh, who needs Photoshop when "Paint" can get the job done in about 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the idea of a dunk of Griffin's face. It would make a lovely poster in my son's room.

    ReplyDelete