Friday, February 24, 2012

Excuse me, I think you have something in your fur

You know what really gets on my nerves?  The phrase, "so stinking cute."  I don't know what it is about that phrase, but I despise it.  I mean, when I see it, it kind of makes me angry.  I realize that this a completely irrational response to a meaningless phrase, but I'm just being honest.  I noticed the popularity of this phrase about a year or so ago, and it's almost always in the comment section of pictures on Facebook of adorable babies wearing knitted hats and shirts with catchy phrases. For every cute picture of a child, you can take it to the bank that some friend will write, "OMG she is SO stinking cute!"  Or,  "he is so stinking cute, I can't stand it."  The thing is, I bet you can stand it.  You liar.  Just kidding.  But seriously, can we phase out of "stinking cute."  I just can't handle it anymore.  And I don't really think it's a compliment.  Stinking things are bad.  I find it comparable to saying, "your child is rotting adorable," or "he is decayingly precious."  I don't think decayingly is an actual word, but I'm going with it.  So stinking cute fits in the same category as "LOL" with me.  I acknowledge neither.

Tonight as I was on the phone with my mom chatting away about odds and ends, I was putting away my stockpile goodies from Sam's.  I love Sam's.  I have a complete lack of recognition of my actual lifestyle once I walk inside those sliding doors.  For example I had a serious Lincoln-Douglas debate with myself as to if I could justify buying the 3 pack of spreadable Laughing Cow cheese.  I mean, come on Kathy, you don't eat that much cheese.  You should, but you don't.  Sadly, I passed it up.  What I did not pass up was the 48 pack of toilet paper.  Husband doesn't really get my obsession with paper products from Sam's, but just like true crime TV, I'm obsessed and you aren't changing my mind.

So as I was packing the toilet paper away in our bathroom, I looked at those Charmin bears and wondered, "Why do they have such a problem with toilet paper sticking to their fur?"  Who is this actually a problem for?  Is this happening to me and I just don't know?  I was not even aware of this phenomenon until these bears appeared on the scene.  I mean, is this widespread?  Because after conducting an unscientific survey, I have found the only people suffering from this are these bears.  And if I had to guess why this keeps happening to them, it's because they are covered in fur.  You don't see Mr. Bojangles with TP stuck to his fur.  He knows his limitations.  I also think if this is truly a problem, you should put on pants.  Have some decency.

You know what I think?  I think getting TP stuck to your fur is the only appropriate time to refer to a situation as stinking cute.  Because it probably is, especially if it's baby bear cubs.

1 comment:

  1. I HATE those Charmin bears. You don't need to tell ME to "enjoy the go"....and your product isn't helping me enjoy the go anyway, it's just the clean-up crew. That's like the New Orleans Sanitation Department putting out an advertisement telling me to "Enjoy the Mardi Gras parade", like they had something to do with the production.

    ReplyDelete